Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meet Me in the Middle: Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Assessments in the classroom should promote learning rather than using assessments as a way of measuring learning. I agree with this statement. I think that it is important to check for student understanding but to do it in a variety of ways. Effective assessments should be motivating and have clear goals. By giving students the test to a unit or lesson before you even start is one way to help students know exactly what they need and are expected to know. The chapter also mentions that it is important to not only assess students via testing. I completely agree with this. I think that you can and should assess students through group activities, individual activities, projects, etc. I hope to incorporate these ideas into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment